Friday, January 1, 2010

Clean Slate

When I launched this blog in 2009, I knew that its success would require concerted effort and commitment. Yet, I neglected to give either to the process. My half-assed attempt at blogging proved to be more than I could handle. I didn't devote the time to finding relevant topics to discuss at length, nor was I capable of being as emotionally honest as I thought I should be.

Mea culpa.

But you know, that's the beauty of starting a new year. It brings with it a clean slate. And the chance to course correct. To do things better. To try a different approach.

So here's how I'm going approach blogging.

Stop pressuring myself. I'm going to post whenever I feel compelled to talk about something that interests or is important to me.

No censoring. I'm going to blog for me, worrying less about people's reactions. (After all, who's really going to be reading it anyway? LOL)

Have a care. To be honest, I really didn't care much about blogging before. But I do acknowledge the process is beneficial. And I do enjoy writing.

Redesign the blog. I hate how plain this blog is. If I don't like looking at it, no one else will either. :)

So that's it. This is my new strategy. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment